Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Sell-Sell-Sell!

When Excessica changed its pricing policy, I was skeptical.  I had been steadily selling about twenty books a month on Amazon.com at the $7.99 price point.  I didn't think I could sell more than that since I have only one book published and I thought sales tended to go down the longer the book was on the market.  (Cinderella Club has been out since August 2010.) Plus I do virtually no advertising - except the occasional pop-in at Literotica.com and Lushstories.com, and Facebook.

So on April 1st, I held my breath - and started selling, and selling.  Made the same amount of money with the $3.99 price point!  Counting the UK sales and paperbacks, I sold forty-six books.  (If that doesn't sound like much to you then sorry to disappoint, because I think it's pretty good for a nobody.)  I shouldn't have doubted.  I love the fact that twice as many people bought and will read my book this month than last.  And hopefully the trend will continue.  I'm on my way with five sales for the month of May and it's only the third!

I have two novels in the pipeline.  Both made it to 50,000 words.  Dr. Cockburn's Medicine will be released by Excessica on October 28, 2011 and Jude's Whore has a December 9, 2011 release date. Picking photos for possible covers is like a bride picking out china patterns.  I love this alternate reality, as long as I continue to sell-sell-sell!

No comments:

Post a Comment